The greatest benefits people gain from volunteering is the satisfaction of incorporating service into their lives and making a difference in their community and country. The intangible benefits alone—such as pride, satisfaction, and accomplishment—are worthwhile reasons to serve. When we share our time and talents, we solve problems, strengthen communities, improve lives, connect to others, and transform our lives and the lives of others.
Family Health Ministries appreciates the time, talents, and support of all our volunteers. Whatever your skill set or interest, we have a volunteer opportunity for you. We want you to work where you work best! FHM Volunteers can assist in the following areas:
- FHM Office
- Fundraising and Publicity
- Special Events
- Mission Travel to Haiti
- University Student Internships
What else can you do?
- Talk the talk: Tell your family and friends at work, at church, at fitness clubs, or other organizations about FHM. If you have an opportunity to make a presentation to a group, contact us. We are happy to provide you with PowerPoint presentations and educational materials.
- Share the FHM message: Perhaps you have an opportunity to submit an article or letter about your mission trip experience to your church or company newsletter, blog post, or local newspaper. Contact us! We are happy to help you write content about Haiti and FHM.
- Go viral: Like us on Facebook, follow us on Twitter, write a review on Guidestar or TripAdvisor. FHM is online and we need your help to go viral with our good news, programs and mission.
- Socialize: Host a party at your home and ask guests to make a donation to FHM. Contact us! We can help with event tips, educational materials, and perhaps connect you with other FHM supporters in your area.
- Give the Gift That Keeps Giving: Ask your friends and family to make a donation to FHM in lieu of a gift at your birthday, graduation, anniversary, or other special times.
- Make an Impact: FHM welcomes new faces and new ideas. We would like your involvement on one of our advisory boards.